CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.29.2012

Dreams and Reality

It's been just over a year since my last post.  I'm taking a little time this morning to reflect on all that has happened in this past year, and I wanted to share some of the thoughts that have been most impacting in my life this year.

Christine Caine posted a blog entitled "Dream Big" that listed 20 things she's learned in 20 years about seeing her dreams come to pass.  I've hung them up in my office and get encouraged by them every time I read them...I pray that you do the same for you:
1.  Get planted in your local church
2.  Do wholeheartedly whatever is before you.
3.  Don't have any agenda, but serve wiillingly.
4.  Wait for God to open doors.
5.  Submit to leadership.
6.  Trust God because He is always in control especially when we are not.
7.  There is no wasted experience; God uses everything.
8.  God makes a way where there seems to be no way.
9.  Have faith.
10.  Be courageous.
11.  Hold your post.
12.  Be loyal.
13.  Always remain part of something bigger than you.
14.  Stay accountable.
15.  Be surrounded by wise counselors.
16.  Do nothing from selfish ambition.
17.  Keep stretching and growing.
18.  Continue to be grateful.
19.  Bring others along the journey with you.
20.  HE WHO PROMISED IS FAITHFUL.

I never dreamed I would be working with kids in a church setting, but I'm so thankful for the opportunity and priveledge.  Sharing God's truth with kids is a constant reminder of the importance of having FAITH like a CHILD.  Sometimes I over think how to share a "difficult" biblical principle with a child.  I forget that their hearts haven't been completely filled with doubt and unbelief.  They take God at His word and embrace the Bible as truth.  It's refreshing and energizing to be apart of.

My current reality is somewhat far removed from my dreams, but I praise God that there is no wasted experience and that the work I do each week is preparing me for what God has already prepared next for me. 

I'm thankful that God has given me a passion to do wholeheartedly that which is before me!  It's my ATTITUDE towards God not my EXPECTATION of God that determines my ability to serve Him.

0 comments: