CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9.13.2012

It's Worth It . . .

I was reading in Luke 18 today (The Bible) and loved the reminders that popped out at me while reading the Parable of the Persistent Widow.  I wanted to share them.

There is such an emphasis in our society today, to raise funds and awareness for social injustices.   These are undoubtedly admirable and worthy causes to raise a banner for, but Luke 18 suggests to me that the answer to getting justice in an unjust world is PRAYER, and constantly requesting of God that there be justice done in the dispute with our enemy. 

In the story, the widow came repeatedly asking the judge for justice.  Even though the judge "neither feared God nor cared about people", he wanted to see that the widow got justice, "because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!" (vs. 5)
 
As I think about the word enemy, I think about more than a singular person.  Rather I think of ideas, social or economical practices, and sickness or disease

By definition enemy is:  a person who feels hatred for, fosters harmful designs against, or engages in antagonistic activities against another; an adversary or opponent.  

In the definition above you could replace "a person who" with any of the words underlined above and the definition would hold true.

Perhaps you're standing up against an idea that opposes God's biblical truths.  Maybe your fighting against a social injustice, or possibly you or a family member are struggling with a reoccuring sickness or disease.

I want to implore you to PRAY and never give up!  Keep asking God for justice.  It's worth it.

“Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night?"  (vs. 6-7)



 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

how's life ? chabechtel.blogspot.com admin found your site via search engine but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://xrumer-service.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic Take care. Jeremy